Crime & City Diary

  • rotimi akeredolu 1

    What evidence, too hasty to conclude ISWAP attacked Owo church – Akeredolu

    Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu says it is too hasty to conclude that the Islamic State, West African Province masterminded the deadly attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo on Sunday. According to the state government, over 40 people were killed in the attack. WesternPost had earlier reported that the National Security Council revealed that ISWAP were behind the attack.…

    Read More »
  • images 25

    ISWAP behind Owo church attack, says National Security Council

    The National Security Council (NSC), on Thursday, revealed that the Islamic State, West African Province masterminded the deadly attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State that left 40 people dead on Sunday, June 5, 2022. Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, disclosed this to State House correspondents, shortly after the over three-hour council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu…

    Read More »
  • okada rider

    Over 20 motorcycles set ablaze as Okada kills one in Ejigbo

    Over 20 commercial motorcycles, commonly known as okada were set ablaze by angry youths in the Jakande Estate area of Ejigbo, Lagos, on Thursday after a fatal accident that killed one person. WesternPost gathered that the incident occurred after a rider plying one-way knocked down a pedestrian who died immediately. In retaliation, youths in the area were said to have…

    Read More »
  • Police logo

    Six killed in Ondo robbery attack

    By Temitope Adedeji, Akure Six persons were reportedly killed at Sabo Area of Ondo town, Ondo State on Wednesday night by suspected armed robbers  This came barely 72 hours after some terrorists attacked St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, killing about 40 people. It was gathered that the gunmen were on motorcycles when they carried out the attack. A source said the…

    Read More »
  • Osun

    Journalist shot by policeman in Osun indicts CP

    By Deborah Oladejo, Osogbo The Osun State Correspondent of The Nation Newspaper, Toba Adedeji, who was shot with a live bullet by a trigger-happy policeman during a protest in Osogbo, has accused the state Commissioner of Police, Olawale Olokode of misinforming the public about the incident. Addressing journalists in Osogbo on Wednesday, Adedeji also frowned at the refusal of the…

    Read More »
  • Akeredolu promises land for mass burial of Owo terror attack victims, says 127 persons involved, 40 dead

    Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State on Wednesday promised the Catholic church that the state government would provide land in a befitting environment for the mass burial of the victims of the Owo terror attack. Akeredolu, according to his Chief Press Secretary, Richard Olatunde, gave the assurance when he received a team of Catholic Bishops from the South-West led by…

    Read More »
  • Rotimi Akeredolu

    Akeredolu confirms 22 dead, 56 injured in Owo Catholic church attack

    Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State said 22 persons were killed during Sunday’s terror attack at St Francis Catholic Church, Owa-luwa Street, Owo. Akeredolu, in a statewide broadcast to the people of the state on Tuesday, said 56 survivors of the attack were on admission at the Federal Medical Center, Owo, St Louis Hospital, Owo and the Owo General Hospital…

    Read More »
  • Police logo

    Police debunks bandit attack on  Gwarinpa Estate in Abuja

    The Nigeria Police has debunked news making rounds that bandits attacked Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja, abducting residents. This was contained in a statement by Public Relations Officer, FCT Police Command, Abuja, Josephine Adeh, on Monday. “The Command wishes to set the records straight that on the 6th June, 2022, a distress call was received from Queens Efab Estate, Kasana, Galadima Area…

    Read More »
  • Church

    Owo carnage is declaration of war on Yoruba nation, says Afenifere

    Afenifere, the Yoruba socio-cultural organization on Sunday described the attack on a Catholic church in Owo, Ondo State as a deliberate assault on the Yoruba people. It also described it as an attempt at testing the strength of the Southwest to resist the culture of violence that has been imported into the country. Afenifere, in a statement by its Secretary…

    Read More »
  • images 25

    No priest kidnapped by Owo assailants – Catholic Church

    The Catholic Diocese of Ondo has debunked the news that one of its priests was kidnapped when gunmen attacked St. Francis Catholic Church Owo, killing many people. The diocese in a statement signed by its Director, Social Communications, Rev. Fr. Augustine Ukwu said the Bishop and all priests are safe. “It is Pentecost Sunday when every Catholic is expected to…

    Read More »
Back to top button